Leading the way in FP1 at the Interlagos Circuit in Brazil on Friday was none other than Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton, whose fast lap of 1:11.895 was .096 of a second better than the next quickest driver, Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen. Championship point leader and Hamilton’s teammate, Nico Rosberg, was third quickest, .230 of a second behind Hamilton.
With the warm conditions continuing, Hamilton kept his spot at the top of the leaderboard in FP2 with his teammate, Nico Rosberg, close behind in second. Hamilton’s quick time of 1:12.271 was .030 of a second faster than Rosberg.
The two Williams of Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa were third and fourth fastest overall with the two Red Bulls of Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen fifth and sixth respectively.
Rosberg leads Hamilton by 19 points in the championship heading into the Brazilian Grand Prix with only two rounds remaining.
1. Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes, 1:12.271
2. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes, 1:12.301
3. Valtteri Bottas - Williams, 1:12.761
4. Felipe Massa - Williams, 1:12.789
5. Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull, 1:12.828
6. Max Verstappen - Red Bull, 1:12.928
7. Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari, 1:13.002
8. Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari, 1:13.002
9. Nico Hulkenberg - Force India, 1:13.299
10. Jenson Button - McLaren, 1:13.440
11. Fernando Alonso - McLaren, 1:13.572
12. Daniil Kvyat - Toro Rosso, 1:13.689
13. Carlos Sainz - Toro Rosso, 1:13.801
14. Sergio Perez - Force India, 1:13.918
15. Romain Grosjean - Haas, 1:14.074
16. Kevin Magnussen - Renault, 1:14.109
17. Felipe Nasr - Sauber, 1:14.309
18. Esteban Ocon - Manor, 1:14.317
19. Jolyon Palmer - Renault, 1:14.436
20. Esteban Gutierrez - Haas, 1:14.558
21. Marcus Ericsson - Sauber, 1:14.695
22. Pascal Wehrlein - Manor, 1:14.958
(Times courtesy of Sky Sports)